While Cubs is unable to meet face-to-face due to Coronavirus, we are going to try and update here each week on a Tuesday, with activities that Cubs can try at home during the week. You can also find the videos to support some of these on our YouTube channel.
Some activities will count towards Cub badges and others will be just for fun!
All the activities are optional, and you can do any of those on the wesbite at any time, you don't have to stick to that week's activities!
- Week 1: 7th April - Observing nature and Easter activities
- Week 2: 14th April - Caring for a pet, model making, exercise and paper planes
- Week 3: 21st April - Observing nature, learning flowers and trees, imaginary drawings and big bubbles
- Week 4: 28th April - Gardening and hunting for minibeasts, and making big pictures with items from around the house
- Week 5: 5th May - Cooking a meal, and making paper helicopters
- Week 6: 12th May - Food groups, learning knots and a mini zip line project
- Week 7: 19th May - West Yorkshire virtual Big Camp
- Week 8: 26th May - Completing the Naturalist badge, Countryside Code
Note, from Week 9 there may not be a video each week, but activities will still appear on the website:
- Week 9: 2nd June - Completing the Gardener badge, starting the Navigator badge with a look at maps
- Week 10: 9th June - Completing the Animal Carer badge, starting the Home Safety badge
- Week 11: 16th June - Cubs are invited to complete the Manorlands 5k Challenge. Any Cub doing this can count it towards their Personal Challenge and Adventure Challenge badges.
- Week 12: 23rd June - Zoom meeting - meeting link sent by email
- Week 13: 30th June - Completing the Home Safety badge
- Week 14: 7th July - Zoom meeting - meeting link sent by email
- Week 15: 14th July - Completing the Local Knowledge badge.
- Upcoming: Week 16: 21st July - Zoom meeting. Link will be sent by email.
There will be no activities during the summer holidays. This will allow the leaders to prepare for our return to face to face meetings, which we hope might be in September. Details to follow.